Home insurance is the cornerstone of every homeowner's total financial plan. While each home insurance policy is different, most are designed to cover damage to your home and personal property. As one of the largest independent insurance agencies in Middlesex County, WTPhelan offers innovative insurance solutions to meet a wide range of homeowner’s needs. We represent financially sound insurance companies with programs specifically designed for high-valued homes. Whatever makes your home unique, we can help you develop a personalized program to protect it. Make sure your investment is protected by choosing home insurance coverage that is right for you.
Here are some important considerations to discuss with your personal account representative:
- As an independent insurance agency, we represent more than a dozen local and national insurance carriers (rated A or better by AM Best) to offer you the best value and service. Let us take the time to research the home insurance marketplace and do the shopping on your behalf.
- Reconstruction Value of Your Home
- Carefully calculating the right amount of coverage (Insurance to Value) will allow you to recover full cost of restoring your home to its condition before the loss, even if that value exceeds the coverage amount on your home insurance policy at the time of loss.
- Personal Property Coverage
- Replacement cost coverage ensures that your personal property will be replaced after a covered loss, without deduction for depreciation. Open perils, or ‘all-risk’, coverage insures your belongings for a wider array of perils than most standard policies allow, including breakage and mysterious disappearance. Expensive items, such as jewelry or fine art, should be insured separately under Valuable Articles Insurance.
- Personal Liability Coverage
- A homeowner’s policy provides personal liability insurance coverage if you are sued for a negligent act, or if someone hurts themselves on your property. The liability insurance component extends well beyond the boundaries of your premises. Should you be found legally at fault for injury or loss to another individual, your personal liability protection would cover you.
- Coverage for Fences, Pools, Barns, and Other Structures
- Most homeowner insurance policies include only a minimum coverage amount for damage to fences, pools, detached garages, and other structures that are not attached to the main house. Lightning, fire, or storms can cause extensive damage. Tailoring the right coverage will assure proper protection.
- Older or Unique Homes
- Special insurance programs are available that will ensure that your home will be rebuilt to the same standards as the original construction- including quality of materials and craftsmanship. Coverage for the cost to bring your vintage home into compliance with modern building codes (Ordinance or Law) is a critical feature of a comprehensive program.
- Private Client Services
- Many affluent clients have unique home insurance requirements involving large excess liability policies, significant valuable items schedules or distinctive high-valued homes. Oftentimes, we use Chubb & Sons Insurance Masterpiece Home Policy to protect these risks. WTPhelan proudly displays the elite Chubb Cornerstone designation. Of the 40,000 insurance agencies in the U.S., less than 1% are designated by Chubb Personal Insurance as a Cornerstone Agency.
- Claims Service
- You can report a claim 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. We offer a dedicated claim team who will advocate for you.
Your home is distinctive and your insurance should be tailored to your needs. Contact one of our personal insurance branch locations in Belmont, Cambridge, Lexington or Watertown to discuss your home insurance needs, or Request an online insurance quote today!